last month i tried out a new place, iris café and had their avocado salad. it was so good – light and flavorful. it didn’t seem very complicated so i decided to recreate it at home.
it was so simple to prepare and tastes great! forget the 30 minute meal — make this salad in under 15 minutes. it’s healthy and tastes great.
For the salad
- 5-6 leaves of red leaf lettuce, ripped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 kirby, thinly sliced
- 1 plum tomato, cut into 8 pieces
- 1 ripe avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted walnut pieces
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice (1/2 lemon)
- sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
In a salad bowl, add the dressing ingredients and mix. Then add all vegetables into the salad bowl. Toss and top with walnuts.