where else should we go to have a party than at mardi gras? it was a celebratory occasion so we went to MG’s Restaurant and Bar. known for its southern, cajun & creole cooking, we had a party in our tummy
we had quite a variety of dishes:
- parihuela soup: catfish, calamari, mussels & clams on a spicy fish broth
- jalapeno mashed potatoes
- southern style pernil: pork shoulder roasted in fresh garlic, lime juice on a skillet with side of rice and beans
- shrimp etouffee: baby shrimp smothered in a rich brown rouz seafood sauce with rice
- jammin’ jambalaya: smothered ham, spicy sausage & chicken breast in a spicy sauce mixed with rice
- special tilapia with mango salsa
- also heard their cajun fried chicken is pretty amazing too!
if you can’t make it down to new orleans, you should stop by mardi gras. it was a fun, spicy and delicious time!
eat at MG’s (Mardi Gras) Restaurant & Bar in forest hills, ny