on a curry kick this month so i thought i’d try this curried chicken salad. the barefoot contessa made this salad with more chicken but i reduced the meat from 3 chicken breast to 2 chicken breast and then i bumped up the veggies.
great flavor and lots of crunch. pair with a nice piece of bread – like a challah roll – and it is the perfect dinner. yum! yum! yum!
you may need to scoop a serving and put the rest away so you don’t overeat. it’s so addictive … i want more!
- 2 whole (4 split) chicken breasts
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1-1/2 cups mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup mango chutney
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup medium-diced celery (3 large stalks)
- 1 cup english cucumber, medium-diced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, medium-diced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallions, white and green parts (2 scallions)
- 1 cup whole roasted, unsalted cashews
Heat the grill at medium high heat. Lightly season chicken breasts with olive oil, salt and pepper. Grill the chicken until just cooked. Set aside until cool enough to handle. Dice the chicken into large bite-size pieces.
For the dressing, combine the mayonnaise, chicken stock, chutney, curry powder and pepper in a medium-sized bowl.
Combine the chicken with enough dressing to moisten well. Add the celery, cucumber, bell pepper and scallions. Mix well. Refrigerate for a few hours to allow the flavors to blend. Add the cashews and serve at room temperature.
original recipe from Barefoot Contessa: Curried Chicken Salad