we all love guacamole with our chips but how about sprucing it up? with tomatoes, peppers, beans and cayenne pepper!
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and 1/2-inch diced
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup small diced red onion (1 small)
- 2 jalapeño peppers,* seeded and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated lime zest
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (2 limes)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic (6 cloves)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 ripe avocados, seeded, peeled, and 1/2-inch diced
- sea salt, to taste
Place the tomatoes, yellow pepper, black beans, red onion, jalapeño peppers*, and lime zest in a large bowl. Whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, black pepper, garlic, and cayenne pepper and pour over the vegetables. Toss well.
Just before you’re ready to serve the salad, fold the avocados into the salad. Check the seasoning and serve at room temperature.
original recipe from Barefoot Contessa: Guacamole Salad
Be careful when prepping jalapeño peppers – keep hands away from face when touching spicy peppers!
• see post: guacamole corn salad