a quick healthy broccoli and veggie pasta salad. you can make this two ways: (1) mix all the vegetables fresh or (2) you can stir fry the vegetables to bring out the celery flavor. either way, it makes a very crunchy, healthy and tasty dish. enjoy good health!
- 1 pound wheat pasta, cooked, drained
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1/2 red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 yellow pepper, finely diced
- 1 head broccoli, finely diced
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- sea salt and ground pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Prepare pasta per box instructions. Drain and put in a large pasta bowl.
(optional) In frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil with celery in medium heat. Add all other vegetables and stir-fry for a 2-3 minutes.
Move vegetables into pasta bowl. Add spices, herbs, vinegar and remainder oil. Mix and enjoy.
original recipe by Jim White from Food Network Challenge – Gordon Elliott’s Door Knock Dinner College Cook-Off: Pasta Salad