based on paula deen’s tomato stuffed chicken salad, i made a salad without the tomato bowl and added some other veggies. ti is so easy to make and tastes yummy! have a toast of whole grain bread with it and you’re good to go!
- 1/2 store-bought rotisserie chicken, break apart into bite sizes – or –
1-1/2 cup cooked chicken, in bite size pieces
- 1 large red, yellow or orange bell pepper, chopped
- 2 (11-ounce) cans unsalted corn kernels, drained
- 1 english cucumber, chopped
- 5 ribs celery heart, chopped
- 1/2 small red onion, minced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
Combine chicken and all chopped vegetables in medium bowl and add lemon juice,mustard, mayonnaise and pepper.
Refrigerate or serve immediately.