here’s the wonderful chick pea salad that’s healthy and tasty. save 2 cups for the baked falafel recipe below!
- 2 cans (19-ounce) chick peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice and lemon zest from lemons
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped flat-leaf parsley leaves
Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and toss to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
original recipe from Money Saving Meals: Chick Pea Salad