this is my favorite salad that is so easy to make!
the dressing comes from the olive oil and the avocado. it is imperative that the avocado is very soft because you want it to easily spread all over the fresh vegetables, giving the salad the creamy avocado-y flavor.
i love this salad because it is so light and refreshing. i usually have it as a main course because if i have it as a side to a main dish, i end up filing up on the salad anyway because i like it so much!
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 medium plum tomato, diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 small very soft avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper, to taste
Chop all vegetables and place in bowl. Drizzle with olive oil and season with sea salt and pepper to taste.