in case you missed my previous post about my love of caesar salad (so much that i learned the ingredients of the caesar dressing), imagine my delight to find a twist on the caesar dressing!
this dressing has a mustardy, garlicky and spicy addition to the caesar dressing that is delightful! this dressing is perfect with the grilled salmon and makes a wonderful, filling and delightful side dish or meal!
For the dressing
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1-1/2 teaspoons anchovy paste
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard*
- 1 teaspoon red chili paste*
For the salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and pepper, to taste
For the salad
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce leaves
- 1 cup seasoned croutons, optional
In a blender or food processor, combine lemon juice, oil, Parmesan, garlic, anchovy paste, red chili paste, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Puree until smooth. Season, to taste, with salt and black pepper.
*If you already have store bought caesar dressing, just add last two ingredients in the dressing list with the regular caesar dressing for the red chile twist.
Dress the salmon fillets with a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill the salmon for 2-3 minutes each side until cooked. Break up the salmon into 2-inch pieces.
Arrange lettuce leaves on a serving platter and top with salmon and croutons. Pour over dressing and serve.
original recipe from Quick Fix Meals with Robin Miller: Salmon Salad with Red Chile-Caesar Dressing