i am not a wine drinker but i do like sangria! i especially enjoy eating the fruit soaked in wine – so good! here’s a twist on sangria — with pomegranate! it’s really fruity, sweet and refreshing!
- 1 bottle fruity red wine
- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/4 cup simple syrup (equal amounts sugar and water, heated until sugar dissolves, cooled)
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 medium navel oranges, halved, cut each half in quarters and then cut in chunks
- 2 sweet and/or tart apple, cored, halved, cut each half in quarters and then cut in chunks
- 2 cups red grapes, sliced in half (if there are seeds – remove!)
- 1/2 cup brandy *optional
- 1/2 cup Triple Sec *optional
Combine all ingredients in a pitcher, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 48 hours before serving. Serve over ice.
original recipe from Food Network Specials Dear Food Network Thanksgiving – Bobby Flay: Pomegranate Sangria