i love a good corn dish. here’s a tasty corn recipe for the holidays!
- 5 tablespoons of margarine from a tub, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, stems and seeds removed and diced
- 1 large white or yellow onion, diced
- 2 pounds frozen or canned of kernel corn
- 2 teaspoons freshly chopped parsley leaves
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
If using frozen corn, refresh under cold running water and drain thoroughly. If using corn from a can, empty corn into a strainer and drain.
Melt 2 tablespoons of margarine in a large skillet and saute the red peppers and onions until tender. Remove from heat.
Add the remainder 3 tablespoons of margarine and mix pepper and mixture with corn until thoroughly mixed and margarine has melted. Place mixture on a roasting or pyrex tray place in the oven and roast for 15 to 20 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes, then add chopped parsley and mix. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper.
original recipe from Food Network Specials Dear Food Network Thanksgiving – Robert Irvine: Oven Roasted Corn