a mixture of flavors: turkey, pear, prosciutto, vinegar, garlic and pomegranate juice. i enjoyed it without the cheese and nuts. it is light and sweet.
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon pomegranate juice
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1/3 tablespoon Italian dressing mix
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
For the salad
- 1 ounce prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/3 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 ounces baby arugula
- 1/8 pound low salt turkey breast, slices
- 1 ripe pears, sliced
- 1 ounce pepper jack cheese *optional
- 1/3 tablespoon glazed walnuts and almonds *optional
In a small bowl, whisk together pomegranate juice, olive oil, vinegar, garlic and salad dressing mix; set aside.
Separate prosciutto slices, tear or chop into 1/2-inch pieces. Slice turkey into long thin slices. In a large bowl, add arugula and salad dressing. Toss to combine and place on a platter. Top with turkey, prosciutto and pear slices. Crumble cheese and nuts on top, if desired.
original recipe from Semi-Homemade Cooking with Sandra Lee: Smoked Turkey and Pear Salad with Pomegranate Vinagrette with Prosciutto Crutons