here’s a quick pasta dish that i came up with that satisfies your meat, veggie and starch needs! using just the flavors of the sausage, you can create a simple and satisfying meal. this recipe makes many servings and you can eat it cold, warm or hot. so, make a batch and bring leftovers to work the next day without worrying about a microwave or a fridge. enjoy!
- 1 pound penne, rotelle or mixed pasta ~ try whole wheat pasta
- 1 (12-ounce) package sausage ~ try Applegate Farms Certified Organic Sweet Italian (skinless) sausage
- 1 head of broccoli chopped into bite-size pieces (4 cups)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Italian salad dressing mix ~ try Good Seasons Zesty Italian Salad Dressing & Recipe Mix (one package is .6 ounce)
Cook 1 pound of penne (or any variety of pasta) per instructions. Drain pasta and set aside.
Cut sausage into bite size pieces. Drizzle a light coat of oil on to pan and cook sausage with broccoli. Cover and cook for 5 to 10 minutes. Turn off flame. Add pasta into pan and mix all ingredients together. Cover pan and leave for 5 to 10 minutes so the flavors marry.
Add salt and pepper to taste.
* For additional flavor, you can add Italian dressing mix (shake in a little at a time and taste) before you add the salt and pepper. You may not need salt and pepper afterwards!