i saw bobby flay make his grilled lobster and avocado cocktail on food network and i was excited: lobster and avocado – what’s not to love? this summer, i went to his restaurant, bar americain, and it was on the menu — YUM!
so i tried out the recipe at home. m and mil liked it. i thought it was OK but it didn’t taste exactly like what i ordered at the restaurant. i’ll have to try it again one of these days and tweak it to my memory of the dish!
- 2 (1-1/2 pound) lobsters, par-boiled and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish, drained
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (recommended: Tabasco)
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon leaves
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped watercress
- additional watercress for salad
Heat grill to medium. Place lobsters on the grill, cut side down, and cook until slightly charred and just cooked through. Remove meat and coarsely chop.
Whisk together lime juice, honey, horseradish, Worcestershire, hot sauce, tarragon, and olive oil in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the grilled lobster meat, avocado, and chopped watercress.
Serve over a bed of watercress for a nice lobster and avocado salad.
original recipe from Boy Meets Grill: Grilled Lobster and Avocado Cocktail
eat at Bar Americain in midtown, ny