m makes an awesome chicken & vegetable soup. over the years, m added turnip and i gave my two cents to add corn and tofu. anyhoo, as the weather is getting chillier, it’s time to bring out the soups!
this recipe will make you so many servings that you won’t have to cook for a week (both lunch and dinner)! after our meal, we usually let the soup cool for a few hours then package it into plastic containers and store it in the fridge or freezer. it usually fills around … 10 containers? save it for meals for the rest of the week or share with your loved ones!
make this classic comfort soup and have yourself a nice big bowl!
- 3 to 4 chicken thighs with bone ~ remove skin for light, low fat soup
- 6 carrots peeled and cut in chunks
- 1 large potato cut into chunks
- 3 small white turnip peeled and cut into chunks
- 6 celery stalks cut in half
- 3 large onions cut into quarters
- 3 tomatoes cut into quarters
- 6 half corn-on-the-cob (frozen)
Fill a large soup pot filled 2/3 with water and bring to a boil (in medium high heat). After water boils, add potato, carrots and chicken. Stir ingredients together periodically and let cook for 1/2 hour. Add rest of the vegetables. Bring back to a boil. Continue to stir periodically. After the soup boils, lower to medium low heat and allow soup to cook for another hour.
Serve with rice or tofu as desired (optional). Add sea salt and/or hot sauce to taste.